BMA is offering a free online course in the Fall 2020. The course will be eight weeks long and includes various assignments and opportunities to interact with fellow students. Students who complete the course will receive a certificate of completion.
Free courses are not for credit and do not apply to any degrees. These courses are offered strictly for the educational benefit of the general public. Students will only receive a certificate of completion. Individuals who wish to take courses for credit or pursue a degree should apply for regular semester courses here.
Paul’s First and Second Missionary Journeys
- This course is specifically designed for church workers who are Sunday School Teachers, youth workers, deacons, and all church members who want to improve their ability to study the Scriptures to better understand and put into practice the calling of God’s people.
- There is ample opportunity for student interaction on the course topics through the weekly forums. Students in one area of the world will be able to interact in class conversation with other students in another part of the world.
- Students do not have to be “computer experts” to enroll in a FREE course. The process is quite intuitive for the Moodle course platform. There is a little technology required. Read about it here.
- Students may discover through this course they want to pursue a seminary degree. Several former FREE students have enrolled in BMA Seminary for degrees after completing the courses.
DESCRIPTION: Paul’s First and Second Missionary Journeys
This eight-week course is a survey of Acts 9-18. The general background, content, and application of the journeys are covered.
By the end of the course you should:
- improve knowledge and understanding of important biblical and theological truths
- improve the ability to communicate biblical truths in the context of a local church
- improve leadership skills as required in the ministry of a local church
TEXTBOOKS: (Two textbooks required)
The Holy Bible – Student selected English translation
The Baptist Expositor – Witness to the Uttermost (A Study of Acts 9-18) – Fall 2020 (Baptist Publishing House)
Baptist Expositor Leader books can be ordered from: https://www.baptistpublishinghouse.com or call: 800-333-1442
The class begins on September 4, 2020 and ends October 28, 2020.
The instructor suggests several from a church enroll together for group encouragement.
DELIVERY AND TERMS: This is NOT a self-paced course. The instructor has assigned deadlines for specific assignments as shown in the assignment schedule.
Professor: Dr. Tony Cleaver
Ready to Get Started?
Class size is limited, so early registration is encouraged.
There are technological requirements for participating in free courses. Read more about them here.